Thursday, May 24, 2007

Big Foxy Summer

Okay, 7 vials of blood and I didn't ask what 7 tests were being run? Oye. I suppose I'll need to call and inquire as to what they were, but I feel like a dork for not asking while I was in the doctor's office. I was just too overwhelmed by the larger implications of my visit to pay attention to details, I suppose.

Three days into my Pre-Natal Vitamin foray: Happy to report ZERO indication of rash! Also, the queasiness that multi-vitamins always, always induce in me has been slight-to-moderate. But now I suppose I've got the key to the right balance of breakfast foods to eat to avoid this complication. Yesterday's eggs and toast = no nausea; Today's bowl of granola with milk = post-rollercoaster ride stomach.

I suspect that this will be my last Big Foxy Summer. Rite of Passage stuff - the last hoorah before entering the Mom Zone - minus the drinking and curtailing the caffeine in preparation, of course, because I really don't want to have to cut everything out cold turkey the moment I pee on the stick and test Positive for fetus.

My version of Big Foxy Summer theoretically will go like this: Since I live by Venice Beach, I plan to take full advantage...Saturdays reading on a blanket in my SPF 30, walking the dog mornings and evenings on weekdays, taking photos of surfers in the early morning, gardening without wearing a mask, bending over far enough to paint my own toenails, etc. I want to roller boogie down the boardwalk like the opening sequence to Three's Company (or Xanadu!) With all that extra Pre-Natal vitamin nutritional value showing up in my skin and coat, I'll glow! It's also the last Summer that clinging to my natural haircolor will be an option. Those grays are killing me, with their wiry texture and refusal to lay flat and play nice with the rest of my mane. So I'll let my hair grow and face the color situation when it's safely an option post-conception.

I've got to enjoy where I am for the next few months, because once Dexter is born, it's his show. And I'm happy and honored to someday play Ed McMahon to his Johnny Carson. I just want to relish one last Summer of being all about my own schedule and selfish priorities!!!

1 comment:

Jack K. said...

Great attitude. (Great writing too.)